없음

자유게시판

The strange CANAM-RACING CAR AVS SHADOW: Coolys Creek "NEO"

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 ulepAf
댓글 0건 조회 2회 작성일 24-10-24 05:25

본문

The AVS-SHADOW (Mk1), announced as a CANAM machine in 1969, was a great machine from the dark era of SHADOW.

It looks dark because of its pitch black body, but the concept was focused solely on reducing the frontal shadow projection area,

it didn't have the trendy wings, it controlled the aerodynamics with just the body, and the wheels were made small to about 10 inches,

but the engine wouldn't cool, it would lift, it wouldn't stop, and the driver's legs would cramp. So it was useless.

By the way, AVS (Advance Vehicle Systems) is a racing constructor created by Don Nichols, who has deep ties to the Japanese racing world (or rather, Japanese postwar society),

and SHADOW is its brand (later expanding into F1).

But the clean styling of this MkI was extremely cool.

(I think it was a clear body for a slot racing car at the time??)

It's practically like running obsidian

(It's like a blade that can kill a White Walker in one hit in Game of Thrones!)

In actual combat, they had no choice but to make the rear tires a little bigger, add a huge rear wing and a cooler made of oil and water, and then

In the end, the essential frontal projection area increased ridiculously (including the protruding driver himself)

It's a bit of a sad CANAM machine, and it would have been better to make it normally from the beginning. .

(Even without that, CANAM was the golden age of McLaren at the time.)

The rear half of the body is a huge resistance!

The front nose is too thin to even fit a radiator, let alone an oil cooler, so it can't be helped...

The driver is almost visible, and the proportions are like a kart!!

There's no clean MkI concept at all, but the front wheels are about 10 inches.

Everything is sticking out from the body cowl.

And the big wing doesn't get a proper airflow, right?

What's more, there's a cooler on the underside of the wing where the faster airflow is, blocking the airflow...

It's just a bunch of aerodynamic failures, I guess.

The driver might have thought that.

A motorcycle with a racing cowl is better? ?

Are you really going to be able to ride on this? The front section.

*The seats on the MkI were apparently even more reclined.

The wheel design must have been a real pain to cool the brakes inside the small wheels!!

But I liked it. I think Otaki may have released a 1/28 scale plastic model of this late-model Mk1 with a wing.

It was also unusual that at the time, Japanese driver Funakoda participated as a test driver on-site.

I read somewhere Funakoda's impressions of the AVS Shadow,

because the front nose was thin, the gas and brake pedals couldn't be placed vertically, so they were tilted to the side

he walked with his legs wide apart like Chaplin, tilting his toes outward to operate the pedals,

and because his feet couldn't be moved, there were only two pedals and no clutch pedal.

Of course, it wasn't automatic like the Chaparral, so it had a clutch that was operated by hand only when starting.

Well, looking at the strip photo above, it certainly does look like that.

In the end, the AVS Shadow left CANAM with its concept as a failure,

but it was ironic that the new UPO Shadow DN4, designed by Tony Southgate, won the CANAM after McLaren was gone.

I want a Mk1 miniature car...

(I actually have a later model with a wing)

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.